Saturday, February 4, 2012

A Dream Coming True

Dream: a cherished hope; ambition; aspiration




We met Kole 7 months ago on our trip to adopt Gabe and Levi. It was on one of our visits while we were out walking with Levi that Genesis saw a group of children that looked to be from Levi's room. We made our way over to them, not knowing if that was ok or not.
Photobucket
The workers didn't mind at all so we started to interact with the kids, blowing bubbles, taking pictures and video.
Photobucket

There was one boy in particular that caught my eye and stole my heart.

Kole.

There he sat looking lonely but hopeful. Genesis sat beside him and he instantly reached for her hand, content to sit and hold it tight. He wasn't aggressive at all but very calm and quite. Nothing brought a smile to his face more than when he could just be next to you.
Photobucket

I remember when a couple of my friends went to this same orphanage and told me how they had seen a sweet boy with down syndrome in their boys group. They said that unfortunately he wasn't able to be adopted because his parents hadn't signed over the papers to release him.
When I saw Kole I instantly knew this must be the boy they talked about and I thought how sad it was that he would never have the opportunity to be loved in a family.

Genesis and I loved on Kole every chance we could. Guy never did get to meet him as he was caring for Gabe off in the distance.
Photobucket

Fast forward to us coming home. Without going into details, it was found out that Kole was actually available for adoption. His paperwork had been mixed up with another child's.

This was wonderful news and now that I know this I should be advocating for him. I just knew that once someone saw his sweet face he would be snatched right up!
But I just couldn't bring myself to do it. I was torn between knowing that finding him a family would be the right thing to do and wanting us to be that family.

Everyday I dreamed of him. I could picture him fitting in perfectly with our crazy bunch.

Several weeks ago I was sharing with a good friend how much I would love to adopt Kole, but I knew that it wasn't an option for us. Or so I thought;)

I started to think if maybe it was possible. Could there actually be a way?

I talked to Guy seriously about the possibilities.
I then learned that there were inquiries being made about him from other families.
This was it, if he is meant to be ours, now is the time to make it happen.
After consulting with other wise families and friends I knew that we could definitely do this.

Guy gave me the green light to proceed and we are on our way to beginning the process of making Kole ours!

This is not something that I sought out. I honestly did not see us returning to UA anytime soon! But man are we EXCITED!!!!

And for those of you thinking, another BOY?!? Well, again, if it wasn't for the fact that we met Kole and fell in love with this particular child, this wouldn't be happening right now.
No worries though, I'm sure Genesis' dream of having a sister will happen one day as well.

So what now? Fundraising, paperwork, phone calls, organizing the house, babysitters, etc. I will post about all that and more soon!

Seriously, don't you just love this sweet face???
Photobucket

30 comments:

Unknown February 4, 2012 at 4:16 PM  

just so happy and excited for you folks!!! AND A BIG YES!!!! I DO LOVE THAT BEAUTIFUL FACE XXXXX

The Mac's House February 4, 2012 at 4:17 PM  

Absolutely! He is just precious! I was actually looking at his picture the other day and praying that his family be found and then it was the next day I saw he was on the "family found me" section. I am so happy for you.

Redeeming Hidden Treasures February 4, 2012 at 5:15 PM  

I am so excited for you and especially for him! I can't wait to watch his journey home unfold! God is so good!!!!

Yvonne February 4, 2012 at 5:30 PM  

Hi we are the Clantons from Zephyrhills Fl, your neighbors and we are also adopting from your child's country! We are getting ready to travel soon:) Love to talk with you sometime next week! 352 567 6208

one_plustwins February 4, 2012 at 5:48 PM  

Lindy, as I sit here in tears (because I know the rest of the story), I am so happy for Kole. So happy for your family. So blessed to have been an instrument in helping this wonderful gem to be uncovered.

GOD BLESS YOU!!!! I pray you are there and back swiftly.

Rochelle February 4, 2012 at 6:00 PM  

Weepy, sobby mess over here. Love that you are going back for him! He is SO meant to be in your family! Praying and can't wait to follow this journey. Run, as fast as you can and scoop that boy up!

Anonymous February 4, 2012 at 6:48 PM  

I can not wait to hold him in my arms...
Aunt Dawn

Jennifer February 4, 2012 at 7:38 PM  

Yipppeee! He is such a precious boy! Congratulations!!!

Gretchen February 4, 2012 at 8:01 PM  

Oh I love that boy!!! But, you already know that, don't you. :-)

Hip Hip HORRAY!

Stephanie February 4, 2012 at 8:30 PM  

A W E S O M E!!!!

Stephanie Lynch

Kirsten February 4, 2012 at 8:45 PM  

Lindy, your post sounded just like us when we were trying to decide if we could commit to Hailey. I didn't really want to advocate for her because I didn't really want anyone else to adopt her. :) Lol And we didn't think there was a way we could adopt her (China has diff rules than EE). But God opened the door super wide and it is just so cool!! (I can so relate to what you said!) Congrats on going back to adopt again!! Yay!!

Kellan's momma February 4, 2012 at 9:47 PM  

Happy to "meet" you Lindy! I'm a warrior for RR and saw your daughters (who is amazing by the way!) post about adopting Kory, so came to visit and read thru some older posts. The new about Gabe nearly made me sob. The little one who has my heart is almost the same age and I'm sure the same condition. Bless you for saving these boys!
Christina Schye

lotsofsparks February 4, 2012 at 11:06 PM  

Praising God for His perfect plan. Your precious boy has been on our fridge for months now...couldn't help but resist his purely sweet expression. We will gladly put "FOUND" next to his picture and pray you home with him!
Laurie Sparks

Mel February 5, 2012 at 4:42 PM  

SO excited for you Lindy!!! YAY!!

Sarah February 5, 2012 at 7:36 PM  

CONGRATS!!! I'm soo excited for all of you!!!

Kim February 6, 2012 at 12:25 PM  

OMGOSH!!! this is GREAT NEWS and he is precious! May God bless you and hurry this baby HOME!!!

Melissa February 6, 2012 at 4:12 PM  

wooohooo!! So excited for you all and for Kole!

Sylvia February 8, 2012 at 3:13 AM  

Wow! Blessings on your journey to adding Kole to you family.

Heather February 8, 2012 at 12:14 PM  

I am SO HAPPY to "meet" you!! I have been Kole's Prayer Warrior through RR & I having been praying daily for you to find him for months!! I AM SO EXCITED!!! PRAISE THE LORD!!!!!

Blessings to you, your family & our sweet, sweet boy!
~Heather

Kierstin February 8, 2012 at 5:13 PM  

Wow! You guys are amazing!!!

Anonymous February 11, 2012 at 8:07 AM  

Your family is such an inspiratin. I have been especially moved by Gabe's story. Although my hubby is not yet OK with DS adoption (we are in the process of adopting from Haiti at the moment), I hope that some time in the future we can!

Pressed Petals February 15, 2012 at 7:48 AM  

I am SOOO happy that this little boy is going to have a home. When I first saw him on Reeces Rainbow, I feel in love with him. Was praying for him and a few of the other boys just this morning. "Godm if we can't have these boys, please let them find good homes." God bless you! You will be added to my prayers.

annie February 22, 2012 at 7:06 PM  

He is DARLING. I remember seeing him in pictures when you were overseas. I am so glad you are going back for him! What a blessing.

monihope85 February 25, 2012 at 4:35 PM  

Hi! I've just discovered your blog and have spent the last half an hour reading about little Gabe and Levi. And now Kole - what a blessing!

We are hoping to adopt a little one with Down Syndrome (or two or more:) from Eastern Europe in the near-ish future. My heart is there already - how I long to be in the process now (but we currently live in Australia, which has terrible adoption policies and doesn't take children from EE :( ) and how I love reading about the families who are on the journey already! God bless you 7 - soon to be 8!!

Rachel February 26, 2012 at 6:09 PM  

How wonderful!!!

Nikki March 7, 2012 at 9:44 AM  

What a cutie!

Nikki
www.madebynikki.blogspot.com - get your blog designed and support orphans with special needs in India!

Melissa March 29, 2012 at 8:47 AM  

Hello! Genesis has messaged me on facebook. Come on over to my blog http://melissa-roomatthetable.blogspot.com/ in regards to Stacy/pictures information. Thanks!

Michelle April 2, 2012 at 5:34 AM  

your children are all beautiful...Kole is just delicious...but your little girl? Oh my, she steals my heart with her kindness and maturity. You can see the love oozing from her, and Kole must have seen it too. Im so touched, and happy for you. Michelle

Saige Hassler April 30, 2012 at 5:26 AM  

Praying for your family!!

Christine April 30, 2012 at 3:54 PM  

Read about your family on the blog "Micah Six Eight." :-) I made a donation to your Reese's Rainbow account.
With Prayers,
Christine

Followers

Books I LOVE and recommend

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP