Friday, December 31, 2010

Hello my name is...

Knowing that we were going to be adopting someday, we had several names picked out for our future children.
Genesis keeps the running list.
I have a girls name (I've had picked out since my teens) I cannot wait to use someday, but I am keeping it a secret so no one steals it! haha

We had several boys names, but two of them were our favorites.

Now I know that most everyone is use to calling "Gavin", Gavin. Most of my family said they prefer that name. But "Gavin" was only given to him as a screen name. And as much as it has grown on me, I kept thinking that just wasn't it.

After much thought, we decided to use our two favorite names. Which, as you will see are perfect for them.

Our "Gavin" will be

Photobucket

GABE

Gabe is derived from Gabriel. It's meaning is: to prevail, be mighty, have strength.

Very fitting I would say

And our second newest addition will be named

Photobucket


LEVI


Levi means: to join, unite

I will be keeping their given names they have now as their middle names but I can't share those with you until the boys are legally ours:)



Gabe, you may be small, but I know you WILL prevail. You will grow up to be a mighty man of God full of strength and love. We cannot wait to hold you in our arms.

Levi, you waited so long to have a family of your own. One that loves you unconditionally. We cannot wait to be joined together soon! I also know that through you, many will be united together with Christ.

Tanya sent me this song last night. It was perfect for my boys. I just had to make a slide show for them:)
"Love Me" by JJ Heller



We are coming soon for you Gabe and Levi!

7 comments:

Emi December 31, 2010 at 12:53 PM  

Love the names you chose! Levi is one of my personal favorites names!

harris family journeys December 31, 2010 at 2:12 PM  

Oh Lindy, As I sit here with tears streaming down my face I think how many times I prayed that Gavin's family would also adopt "our" Tristan. I have been Tristan's Christmas Angel Tree Warrior this year and although I did not raise nearly as much as I wanted, I knew that he had enough to cover his adoption as an additional child. We adopted two little boys with DS, ages 2 and 4, last year from this same country and part of my heart will always be there aching for the ones left behind. Gabe and Levi are two very lucky little boys. And let me tell you from experience (we also had three bio kids before we adopted) your life will never be the same! Your heart will swell with so much love it will sometimes feel like it is going to burst. And at night when you look at your angels asleep in their own beds, safe at home with their forever family you will wonder how in the world you ever lived without them and shudder at the thought of what might have been. God Bless You!

Kirsten December 31, 2010 at 10:04 PM  

I heard about your family adopting Gavin on Julia's blog, and now you are adopting Tristan too!! Yay!! I am absolutely thrilled and our family is looking forward to following your adoption! We LOVE Tristan!! Congrats and best wishes on your adoption journey!!

Anonymous January 3, 2011 at 5:25 PM  

YAY!!!!

Becca January 5, 2011 at 9:31 AM  

The video you posted is wonderful. How blessed little Gabe and Levi are! Your family is in our prayers!

JennyH January 13, 2011 at 5:49 PM  

Yay!! So excited for your family! Your Levi is one of the cuties I picked out from the Angel Tree to donate to. I'm glad he has a family coming for him. Also happy to see Gabe has a family. Both boys are so blessed (as are you).

Praying all goes smoothly and quickly.

Nan and Dan January 22, 2011 at 11:40 AM  

love the new names!!! so sweet and so fitting!

Followers

Books I LOVE and recommend

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP